Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Potato Salad


My niece’s birthday is today, Happy Birthday Ava!
Over the weekend was her party and my sister asked us all to bring a dish. I made potato salad. I always get great reviews when I bring this to a party or get together.




Recipe:
5 lbs russet potatoes
8 hard boiled eggs
8 stripes of cooked bacon
1 large cucumber pealed
Yellow mustard
2 c mayo
Celery salt
Salt & pepper to taste

I start by baking my potatoes. I think it gives this dish a lot more flavor. Once they are fork tender, allow them to cool and then peal and cut into inch size cubes. Add in diced egg, bacon and cucumber. I drizzle the mustard around the bowl three rounds, maybe 2 tablespoons; I give the celery salt about 6 shakes, about 1 teaspoon. Then mix in the mayo. Start with a cup and add more as needed. You can always add some ingredients, but once they are there it is hard to take them back out.




 

Check out my store to save 50-80% off clothing for you and your children!
www.meandmymommy.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment