Saturday, May 18, 2013

Leftovers - Meatloaf Grilled Cheese Sandwich

I love leftovers! I might sound crazy, but honestly I do. I hate to throw food away and I think food can have more or at least a different flavor the next day.

Not much is better than a grilled cheese...that is until you add in flavorful meat and then everything changes!

I started by making a traditional grilled cheese with some twists.

Butter your bread - I use whole wheat
Lay cheese on one side - I used American cheese (that is all we had, plus I love it)
I then placed fresh basil on the cheese
 
 
Next, I  took my leftover meatloaf from Hide the Veggies Meatloaf, sliced it thin and
placed it on the cheese.
 
Top with more cheese and basil, add the top piece of bread and toast on both sides.

 
This was so good. Next time I think I will add on some marinara sauce or have some on the side to dip the sandwich in.

No comments:

Post a Comment