Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pina Colada Smoothie - Kid Friendly

There is nothing like laying on the beach with a pina colada in your hand. This however, is far from my reality. Next best thing I guess will be sipping on this pina colada smoothie while trying to block out sounds of screaming and arguing voices of my children. If I focus really really hard I can hear the waves crashing, or is that my temples throbbing?! All joking aside this smoothie is delicious and kid friendly. Feel free to make this an adult only version - just add a little rum!!






This picture came out funny when editing it. It is almost like in a dream or fantasy.
I had to keep it this way...I am on an island, on the beach, drink in hand...
 

 
 
 
Recipe:
 
1/2 cup yogurt (any kind - I used vanilla)
1 cup fresh pineapple
1/8 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (I buy it at Whole Foods)
1/4 cup coconut milk
5 or so ice cubes
 
Place all of the ingredients in the blender, blend until smooth and enjoy.
Garnish as desired. Add rum as needed or as the day calls for it.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment